METAL Grinder / FINISHER
Please read the following position's description carefully.
Please do not apply if you do not have any manufacturing grinding experience.
The Meteor Foundry is currently
seeking a Full-time Regular Metal Grinder / Finisher.
position requires a quality finishing of the aluminum & zinc castings and reports to the Finishing Supervisor.
- Use a swing grinder with
an abrasive belt, disc or belt grinder to remove riser
pads, fins, seams, penetrated sand, excessive roughness any other surface
imperfections or visual subsurface defects.
- Use a disc or die grinder
to remove sharp edges, imperfections inside castings, excess metal, smooth down
any weld repaires and
- Visually examine castings
for acceptable quality.
- Performs minor maintenance on the grinders, replacing wheels, abrasive belts or discs if
- Use a pallet mover / forklift
to relocate bins / pallets of acceptable castings to a designated area for
- Clean up and maintain
the immediate work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Perform other tasks concerned
with finishing operations of castings that may be assigned, from time to time,
by the Finishing Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimal experience with the grinding of metal castings or metal parts/components is required.
- Communication and teamwork skills. It is necessary to communicate
verbally with other employees about casting inconsistencies, quality concerns,
maintenance requests, supply problems, etc.
- To be
able to physically work in a noisy and dusty environment, to lift, push and pull heavy
castings. Protective clothing, including overalls, safety boots, glasses
and ear defenders are required.
- To be
eligible to work in Canada.
- The position will not require shift work but occasional payable evening or weekend work may be required.
- Work hours: 7 am – 3.30 pm.
- Vacation: 2 weeks.
- Wages will be dependent on your qualifications and experience.
- Health Benefits for employee and his/her family after three months’ probation period.
- Please visit our website www.meteorfoundry.com to find out more about our company.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.