Please read the following position's description carefully.
Please do not apply if you do not have any manufacturing experience.
Meteor Foundry is currently seeking a full-time regular General Labour.
This position requires assistance for the moulders and furnace operators to provide continuous production cycle of aluminum & zinc castings and reports to the Foundry Supervisor.
- Oversee the movement of moulds, bottom boards, patterns and other related equipment.
- Obtain any materials or supplies needed for production of moulds.
- Place jackets and weights onto completed moulds and remove them after pouring / cooling.
- Move poured and sufficiently cooled moulds for a shakeout, dumping, cleaning.
- Assist occasionally in pouring of the moulds and loading furnaces if required.
- Examine castings after the shakeout process.
- Maintain the immediate work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Keep aisles clear and open.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned, from time to time, by the Foundry Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Communication and teamwork skills. It is necessary to communicate verbally with other employees about moulds/casting inconsistencies, quality concerns, maintenance requests, supply problems, etc.
- To be able to physically work in a noisy and dusty environment, to lift, push and pull heavy moulds and castings. Protective clothing, including overalls, safety boots, glasses and ear defenders are required.
- The use of a lift truck and/or pallet mover will be required.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Work hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. Occasional paid evening or weekend work may be required.
- Vacation: 2 weeks.
- Wages: $16 / hour,
- Health Benefits for employee and his/her family after three months’ probation period.
- To find out more about our company, please visit our website www.meteorfoundry.com
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.